Okay, while everyone else is making resolutions, I felt that I had to make a list of some sort. I’m a list maker, so the itch to use numerals or bullet points is something that I just have to scratch.
I’m getting up there in years, so I’ve gathered a lot of super interesting information from my life to share with you. Stuff that looking at me, you would never, ever have guessed. Because I’m cool like that. Or something.
Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me
10. I used to be very organized and a fast worker. Looking at the state of my laundry room, you’d never know it. But at most of the jobs I’ve held, I was the go-to girl when deadlines were looming and work had to be done. I guess I still have “it” – it’s just in piles – very organized piles!
9. I was once a cheerleader. Yes, short, be-speckled, uncoordinated me. I had the worst cartwheels on the squad, but just earning a spot was a huge victory (parents didn’t like the idea, but whatever). I still have the group photo from the yearbook. I cling to it to prove that I might have had one “cool” moment in the eighth grade.
8. I used to love broccoli. I first tried it on pizza years ago, but it now does awful things to my insides since abdominal surgery in 1995. So I can’t go near it. But it still mocks me. Broccoli. Broooooocccccoooli, Brooooooooooooocollliiiiiii…
7. I used to think, and still do, that tap shoes are the best shoes ever invented. I have a few pairs of old, over-spray-painted Capezio dance shoes from my years doing musical theater. (Why spray painted? Ask a dancer.) They’re all pretty warped after 20+ years in storage, but they still make that magic tap-tap sound.
6. Although I love cats, I grew up with dogs.
5. I used to fear “coming out” to people with my CF. I remember the very first time I told someone – a classmate in sixth grade – she ran out of the girls’ restroom screaming “she’s got a disEASE!!” I mean, everyone in my class knew something was wrong with me – I missed a month of fourth grade, but it took a long time before I opened up after that one. Now, because I am sick so often, I cannot hide it, I’ll open up if the moment calls for it. It’s still scary, but if people are going to dislike or fear me because of it, there’s nothing I can do.
4. I am a weather freak. When The Weather Channel first debuted on cable television, I was a young teenager. I spent hours watching it, especially during hurricanes, blizzards and other major weather events. Even now, I love taking photos of how crazy the weather gets, and watching impending storms march across the radar maps.
3. The only thing I wanted to be was an actress, and I never gave up the goal of acting. I studied acting in high school and again as an adult for a few years. I achieved one of my goals which was to earn a credit on IMDB, the “Internet Movie Database,” and I did so – four times! It’s too much work for me now, but to be able to work on some small, short projects were quite gratifying. Even if I didn’t make a red cent, I reached my goal! I’d still love to perform, but all the stars would have to align for me to be able to manage a few hours of “work”. To make up for the emptiness, I write, but sometimes it’s not enough.
2. I make beaded jewelry. I tried my hand at selling it for a while, but I never came close to recouping even 10% of the costs. People loved my stuff, though, and as a result, my family members have a lot of custom, hand-made jewelry! I’ve made a few rosaries lately, and have one that a friend asked me to make a few months ago. I gotta get on that…see #10!
1. I like football. I actually enjoy it. It didn’t hurt that while living outside of Boston for nearly ten years kept us close to the sports fanatics that Boston sports teams drew (GO PATRIOTS!!!), but thanks to my hubby, I actually understand the game. I know what an “audible” is, and can call fouls before the ref does. I actually watch the “Super Bowl” for the game, not the commercials. I guess being a fan of the #1 Football team in the WORLD!! EVER!! ELEVENTY!1!!11! helped quite a bit, but I never gave up on my boys even when they collapsed.
Okay, so the list isn’t that interesting, but I’m a multidimensional gal. What do you want the world to know about you? We’re all full of surprises. I’d love to hear yours!
P.S. ♥ ☼